Monday, April 21, 2014

Cartoon Project Birthday Week


Dag Nabbit Animation is Hard!!!!

So this past week I've decided to focus on animation.  Now this isn't the first time I've said this, and since the program I'm using, Toon Boom Studio 6, is already years old now that shouldn't be hard to believe.  I'm great at starting projects and terrible at finishing them (no dirty jokes please!!!!)


Some may say I have adult ADHD
Some may say my inability to finish crap is part of my nature as an Aries
I would say they're both probably true but excuses are like A-holes ....
you know..
they all stink.



So in an effort to break free of my bad habits I started this doodle project and drawing every day has shown me a lot about how much I have to learn and how not to pressure myself with making everything perfect.  Sometimes simple really is the best way.

Anywho....
so I dug into the software more than I ever have before....through trial & error & You Tube tutorials.  Most of the tutorials were for newer or older versions but I still learned a great deal about the art of animation in general.  

So I don't want to give too much of the story line away but I will say it's about two comic book artist guys that go to a convention called UniCon and have all sorts of adventures.

this first pic is of my Guy's original comic book character 
Erbol Frankly
he's like a space cowboy.
104/365
Erbol Frankly
Here's their upgraded table display & before you ask no none of the social network thingys is real....lol 

105/365
Quest Frankly Table in progress
I'm slowly doing my best to set the scene while still learning how Toom Boom works.  I'm also learning that the way I'm doing things right now is a lot of 2 steps forward and 1 step back as I learn new things which means that the next one will be much better organized.....lol

Here is the cover of their comic "Quest Frankly"
106/365 Quest Frankly Cover



I've working on establishing a decent ensemble cast and for that reason I created Stan here.  He's kinda skeezy and is basically the irritating neighbor my guys have to deal with at the Con.

107/365
Stans Table "Wiccan Hunters"

Once I was getting close to being finished with the setting of the scenes then I started thinking about props.  Thing that the guys needed to hold and would have to move too.  I know it's silly but I'm pretty proud of that bag of chips and the coffee....lol 

108/365
QF table with props
 Then I had to start thinking about the Convention guests.  Most people dress up or "Cosplay" while at these ttypes of conventions so I got to work on that and I'm still having fun that.
109/365
#11 and the Tardis cosplayer

I know I know that these cosplay doodles aren't the best drawings in the world but they're supposed to be my show's extras so they can't be too distracting...having said that I'm worried I've made very distracting characters...they're gonna have to walk past the tables reallllly fast...lol

110/365
Batman & The Joker

I, like so many nerds in the world, am a fan of Batman...so adding these two was a no brainer.

110.5/365
Creepy Titan Guy

What can I say about the Anime "Attack on Titan"
it's creepy
morbid
densly woven
beautifully drawn
basically it's interesting enouph for me to watch with my daughter Kaci but dark and sad enough that I don't always know if I want to continue watching after each episode......but of course I do keep watching.


That's it for this week
I'm moving on to this week's theme of Earth Day so I won't be posting any more teaser images of my cartoon/comic but I will continue to work on it. 

I will admit that making my cartoon project my theme did shrink my self induced workload, but one must continue to challenge one's self lest he become complacent with his life....


lol okay this is a bad example of challenging yourself......but lol I couldn't help it.

Thanks to everyone for the
Birthday wishes and gifts.

Happy Doodling
Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment